Sunday, July 03, 2005

Virgil - I've got your keys...

The title is a quote from the movie "Painted Hero" by Terry Benedict. It's a silly movie with an unrelatable plot, but the line, "Virgil - I've got your keys." struck me as very humorous.

It's Saturday, and today, I went to work at 10am.
It's my blog and I should not have to express that the writings within are my opinion, but... (It's my opinion that) no one should be going to work at 10am on a Saturday. Especially if they were at a club until 4am the night before. But anyway, there I was in uniform at work at 10am, just to find out that my particular work space was under construction, so I went home.
Okay, this Saturday was now completely available to me. I could take advantage of it in anyway I'd like. So, I did what any person would do with that kind of valuable free time. I got in my pajamas and ate chocolate cake while watching baseball all afternoon. Then I got the invite to go to the beach with friends, so I wiped the chocolate crusties from the corners of my mouth and went to the beach, where it was overcast and cold. We had pizza, my friends some how got sunburn and then I went to their house to watch "Painted Hero". I fell asleep half way through the movie, woke up, and went home. Once home I perused the internet until I felt lonely and depressed. I went through my daily life evaluation... failed... and then my other friend called me and told me he was coming over. We watched America's Funniest Home Videos and then went to a house party in Miracle Mile. Party was a bust and now I'm home - writing about my liberated Saturday.

Sunday is promising because it's the day after today. I didn't see the end of "Painted Hero" so I don't know if Virgil got his keys back... But Sunday is promising for Virgil too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

put me in the trunk!