Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Fragmented Nation

Yeah, you might be special but, You don't know the American way.
One nation, under an unwelcome God, divided, and invisible to one another.
How many roads must a man walk before he is called a god?

Today I want to be a musician. You will call me a musician.
- "Do you know how to play?"
Doesn't matter. 'Cause after today,
I'll leave without a trace,
I'm not coming back for another 8 years.
You won't remember my face,
But the lyrics will wash your eyes with your tears.
- "We hate your sound. We hate your sound!
- Listen to yourself," they say, as they nash at me.
Shake hands in the light,
But they meet underground.
Secret plots in the night.
Still secretly gettin' bit in the backseat but it doesn't matter,
'Cause I'm six tracks in and still on the radio!

Wisdom was raped, that will not go unpunished.
Now the decay of Creation.
Now the debt of a fragmented Nation.

No comments: